Become a Cyprus citizen in just 6 months through the Cyprus Investment Program. Being a citizen of Cyprus, a member state of the European Union, you have the right to reside, work and study in any of the 28 EU member states, as well as Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland. Also you can enjoy visa free travel to more than 173 countries.
With a minimum investment amount of €2 million in residential properties, you and your family can enjoy the benefits of Cyprus citizenship for a lifetime. After 5 years you can sell €1.5 million of your investment property. Effectively, you can receive the Cyprus passport with less than €500,000 thousand considering the income and capital appreciation deriving from the property.
The benefits of the Cyprus Investment Program
- Quick and Easy procedure. Application examination time is six months
- As of September 2016 the amount of investment has been reduced to 2 million.
- Simultaneous submission of residency and citizenship applications.
- Visa Free Travel to more than 157 countries.
- Application process within 180 days.
- The passport is valid for life and can be passed on to new generations.
- Excellent rental yields on Real Estate Investments.
- An outstanding holiday destination.
- Simple and straightforward procedure, no language tests, educational requirements, age limits or physical residency requirements.
- Main applicant’s parents may acquire a Cypriot Citizenship just with the purchase of a residential property of €500,000.
- Civil unions eligible to submit applications.
- Cypriot Citizenship for you and your family-spouse & all ﬁnancially dependent children under 28 years of age.
- There is no obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Applies for all nationalities.
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU.
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe.
- Right to own property in an EU member state.
- Strategic geographical location forming a bridge between the EU, Middle East and North Africa with direct access to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Safest country in the world with a population under 5 million.
- Excellent education system as well as first-rate health care.
Cyprus Investment Program is a competitively fast, straightforward and easy procedure in order to gain Cypriot Citizenship, a European Union member country.
To qualify for citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below and hold it for five years in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Possess a valid passport.
- Hold no criminal record.
- The main applicant’s property is not frozen within the boundaries of the EU.
- Be a resident before being granted citizenship (hence the simultaneous
application for both residency and citizenship for non-residents).
- Own a permanent private residence in the Republic of Cyprus with a purchase
price of at least €500,000 plus applicable VAT.
- In the case that one chooses to invest in residential properties only and one
of the residential properties is priced at least €500,000, then the total
investment amount must be €2 million.
- The main investment may be sold after five years; however, the investor must always maintain/purchase a property
with a value of at least €500,000.
- Property purchased up to 5 years prior to the submission of the citizenship application will count towards the required
- Abolishment of the criterion of bank deposits.
- The criterion of Collective Investments abolished.